Monday, June 7, 2010

St RAW berry Pie
















I got this recipe from my “Rawvolution” recipe book by Matt Amsden and was so surprised that it tasted sooo good! Even my mom loved it and she is an Italian woman who is used to very traditional foods. She wants the recipe!!! So, I’m sharing it with you. Super easy, Super healthy and Super delicious! The original recipe called for a 5 inch pie plate so I doubled the recipe mainly because I don’t own a 5 inch plate. :).




I will give you the original recipe but just double it for a 9 inch pie plate.


For the crust:

2 cups of raw almonds, finely ground in a food processor

1/2 cup agave nectar


For the filling:

1 1/2 cups strawberries ( I mixed in blueberries)

1/2 cup agave


To make the crust:

In a mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds and agave nectar, and mix well. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 5 inch pie plate.


To make the filling:

in a food processor, slice the strawberies with the slicing disc. ( I just slice with a knife).

Transfer the sliced beries to a mixing bowl, add the agave nectar, and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust and serve.


I would make and serve on the same day. The fruit makes a liquid which can make the pie a bit soggy. Otherwise, this was delicious.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is awesome Strawberry Pie. You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, restaurant and recipes...why don't you visit us sometimes, if its food you're interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't hesitate to check us out.

    I hope to see you there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete