Wednesday, April 28, 2010

White Pizza with Broccoli and Mushrooms (and olives)


I’ve been posting a lot of recipes lately and I wouldn’t be able to post them if they weren’t really good and EASY!! If they weren’t easy I wouldn’t have time to post. lol. I’ve been eating raw from breakfast through lunch (just before dinner) but have been trying to eat vegetarian for dinner. It’s been working out great and here is a recipe that I really liked and wanted to share. Enjoy!

In the original recipe they wrote that the key to a crisp crust is preheating the baking pan or pizza stone. I have to say this is the first time I’ve done this and agree with them.


Ingredients:


2 tbs butter, divided

2 cups mushrooms (sliced)

1 tbs flour

1 cup low fat milk

2 tsp garlic (minced)

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided

1/4 cup grated Parmesan, divided

1 13.8 oz pkg refrigerated pizza dough

I added some halved Kalmetta olives to my pizza


  1. Place pizza stone or baking sheet in center of oven and heat to 425 degrees.
  2. Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 4-7 min or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and 1/3 cup water. Cover and steam broccoli in skillet 3-4 min or until tender.
  3. Heat remaining 1 1/2 tbs butter in saucepan over med-high heat. Add flour and cook 2 min, or until pale golden, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, garlic, and salt. Cook 3-4 min or until mixture thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tbs Parmesan until sauce is smooth and cheese melted.
  4. Shape pizza dough according to package directions. Remove pizza stone from oven and place dough on hot stone..... be careful not to burn yourself like I always do. :(
  5. Spread white sauce over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge and top with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over top. Return to oven, bake 18-20 min or what I use as a measure...until edges of pizza are golden and center is hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before slicing and serving. Viola! My smoke detector only went off once during this recipe and it’s not because I burnt anything it’s because it’s so damn sensitive (which I guess I’m grateful for ;))




275 calories per slice

13 g prot

9 g fat

38 g carbs

7 g sugars

3 g fiber


Source: Vegetarian Times April 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment