Sunday, April 4, 2010

30 Day Raw Food Challenge
















I’ve been interested in trying out a raw food diet for a while. I’ve read a lot about it and it seems to have really great benefits. I’ve decided to do this now because:


a) I’ve just read the book “Skinny Bitch” and found it very informative and daunting at the same time. Food, especially chicken and meat, just don’t look the same to me anymore. I’ll do a review on it later and

b) Just found a 30 day Raw Food Diet Challenge from Humbaba Raw Food World . Perfect timing! I’m going to start this on Monday after I do some planning, shopping and Easter. Planning is one of the main ingredients of any successful mission.


From what I’ve read the benefits of a raw food diet are:


*It will increase your energy level as early as 5 days after starting a raw food diet.


*A raw food diet feeds your body vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that are lost by cooking food.


*Raw food helps you lose weight effortlessly and you don’t even have to count calories!


*Raw food helps with anti-aging by feeding your body enzymes, help you think clearer which all helps you feel less stressed.


These are just some of the benefits. I am doing more research and will keep you posted on recipes and benefits and how it’s affecting me. I’m starting on Monday April 5th. I need to plan what I’m going to eat and go food shopping.

I will be Raw all day except dinner. I have to feed the family for dinner and will probably try and incorporate some raw foods into dinner. I may even just have a smoothie for dinner for myself. We’ll see. Wish me luck!


Have you ever tried a raw food diet? Let me know how it went for you!



Beautiful photo: Urban Explorer


No comments:

Post a Comment