Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FIT FOR LESS

Ok, so it's cold and I find it hard to go out and walk. I know I should be more motivated to go out but I'm just not. So how do we exercise to keep up a good mood and health? All we need is one or more of the following:

  • Exercise ball
  • Exercise bands
  • Jump rope
  • T.V. (cable w/ demand or fit tv)
  • DVD player
  • dumbbell weights (3-5 lb for beginner) 8-12 lb for intermediate


You can workout just every part of your body with an exercise ball. The ball comes with an instructional pamphlet that will show you what exercises you can do or if you want videos you can look online. Youtube.com has many instructional videos.

Exercise bands also work out pretty much all parts of your body. Same thing, they come with instructions.

A jump rope is a cheap easy way to do cardio! I guess if you live in an apartment of have very limited space it might be a bit of a challenge but I say where there's a will there's a way. Just move that furniture over!

I have Comcast cable and they have great programs on Demand and on Fit Tv that you can turn on pretty much anytime and get some sort of exercise class right in your own living room. I plan on doing yoga tonight!

Use your dvd player. Collagevideo.com has great exercise dvd's. You can actually watch some of the video before you purchase it. I have a friend who loves the "Firm" dvd's. My next purchase will be the kettlebell dvd. Kettlebells are also a fantastic exercise.

Dumbells are a traditional way to strength train, build new bone and muscle and build up your immune system. They can be purchased in any sporting goods store. I found some at "Play it again sports". This is a used sporting goods store. Good stuff cheap!

And last but not least is the old fashion hoola hoop! Yeah it works great on your abs and beats boring crunches.

With all of these options there really is no excuse not to exercise even when you have little money and little time.

Just put on your workout clothes and remind yourself how much better your going to feel when you finish your workout and get moving! And believe me you will not regret it.

Let me know if you need anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment