Monday, August 10, 2009

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS








I’ve been looking for a great blueberry muffin recipe and I think I’ve found it with this one. It’s an easy recipe and they came out moist and sweet.
Part of my childrens memories of christmas are that of the smell of burnt cookies (laugh out loud). My oven at the time was old and the temperature was not always accurate. So I feel I need to make it up to them by delivering the best baked goods and this one definitely delivers!!!


Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup white wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 egg
1 cup organic yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
about 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
Optional brown sugar to sprinkle on top
Vegetable spray, for the muffin tins or use foil cup cake holders

Directions:

Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
Mix in mixer egg, oil, yogurt. Add baking soda, baking powder, flour and flax seed.
Fold in Blueberries. Spoon into individual muffin tins. Sprinkle with tops with brown sugar.

Bake for about 20-25 min.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment